Pages

12.17.2010

define...

What is the definition of Respect... Well according to Google it is an attitude of admiration or esteem; a courteous expression; a behavior intended to please someone; or to think much of. When you have respect for someone you try to never loose it. You cherish it and nurture. it. There are a lot of ways to show respect for someone. You may value someones opinion or thoughts, you can be courteous by doing things such as opening a door, but for me, showing respect is to think of someone over yourself. What do you think will make them happy? How can you show them that you really care for their wellbeing? We have all heard, "do unto others as you would have them do unto you", treat others like you would want to be treated. Respect is a very good quality to have, and at times I find that it is something I lack. Recently I have discovered that I may not be as respectful to others as I think I am. I apologize to those that I have hurt and those who I may hurt. Being respectful is definitely a work in progress for me but I promise to try to be better! I want to be better!

No comments: