Pages

6.06.2015

Cross Country...

Life has been all too crazy lately and I am finally getting around to update y'all.
First off April was a blur...B left for Daytona Beach, FL to start the season while H and I stayed in Phoenix, AZ. I spent my days working downtown, packing, holding onto as many days with the Harveys as I could, while not so patiently waiting for the month to end until we got to leave for Florida. 
Before the month was over I was able to take a quick trip to St. George and then have my wonderful parents help me with the big move. My dad came down one weekend to help pack/load our trailer, then my mom came right after her work trip in Oregon to help pack/load the truck and clean the apartment. I also couldnt have survived without the Harveys who kept me sane during the whole process. Once we got it all stuffed, stacked, and strapped in (thanks Q) we were on our way!

We set our course and hit the road. 
The trip took us from
Phoenix, AZ--> El Paso, TX--> Houston, TX--> Slidell, LA--> Daytona, FL
4 days, 3 people, and 2,170 miles ahead of us...
Traveling with a babe is much more time consuming than I'm used to. We had to plan for more pit stops, more food required, and more entertainment on hand. My mom was a great co-pilot. She took care of Hunter, fed me, and drove half the time. At first I was a little nervous we might end up killing one another but it turned out to be a memory for the books!! Having that time with my mom is truly something I will forever cherish!  The older I get the more and more I need her and the best of friends we become. 
Each stop along the way we ate, let H run, checked out oddities in truck stop stores, and slept. Getting out of the truck to move around was definitely key to not going stir crazy. 
Houston was a favorite stop because we we were able to see family and recharge. Thanks again Aunt Jill for letting us stay for a bit. 
All in all the drive was good. H is an amazing little traveler whether by land or air. I learned more about my mom and who she is aside from being a mother, we were able to explore the Southern states, laugh a lot, and at the end my little family of three was finally reunited. Every day I am so grateful Heavenly Father blessed us with an amazing child to go through this crazy life of ours.
post signature

No comments: